Thursday, June 24, 2010

#5. I'm Going on a Diet vs. I'm Changing My Lifestyle

You know what I find interesting?

The complete dichotomy of "over-weight" America and the "obsessed-with-organic-product-working-out-24/7" America. Maybe it's just because I am sucked into this bubble of Orange County where appearance is everything... and right across the county-line border are people who actually enjoy their food. I don't know.

I'm sick and tired of people "going on diets." I think diets are totally ineffective. Because the minute you deprive yourself of something or you tell yourself that something is "bad" for you, the more you're going to want it. (Not "you" of course, but the proverbial "you.")

I am in the process of trying to shape-up for my move to New York City so that when I hit the town, I am the best version, physically, of myself. So far, it ain't going so well. The other day, I think I ate 10-12 oatmeal cookies (they were delicious, homemade cookies), the next day I had three too many pieces of pizza, after that I yes -- I did this -- I am horrified to admit -- I ate an entire Ralph's coffee cake all by myself. One half at night, and the next half in the morning before going to the gym. But I must say that I have been working out harder than ever, and it does feel great!

I recall when I was on a Daniel fast at the beginning of the year. The only foods I was supposed to be eating was anything derived from a seed. Bascially, no meat, bread, or sweets. And I felt wonderful. I didn't feel weighed down as I do now. I felt literally like it was easier to move - not so sluggish. And that is the lifestyle change I am employing starting right this very moment. I mean I won't be on such strict guidelines because it won't be a spiritual fast, but I will be focusing on my physical and mental health. I am moving to a city that requires me to be alert every second that I'm awake and about, and I can only hope that I would use common sense in taking care of my body.

New plan: raw fruits and vegetables. A lot of water. Gym 5 days a week. A new attitude. No fast food. I will blog my results and use this forum as accountability. Yay for you people.

I'm not on a diet. I'm changing my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment